When coaching people I use my method of G.R.I.T. It’s a continuous process to work through and ‘check in’ with, for those wanting to progress at a pace that works for them and their horse.
So what does G.R.I.T. mean?
GOALS RESILIENCE INSPIRATION TRAINING
- What are the short/ long term goals?
- Are they realistic goals?
- Where do you see yourself in the future?
- What do you want to achieve now/today?
- Where do you need to start?
- Nothing is easy, you have to be committed.
- Learning to cope with the ups and downs emotionally and physically.
- Accept there will be more downs than ups.
- Having the courage to continue.
- Keeping a positive mental attitude.
- Being able to bounce back.
- Keeping motivated throughout the journey.
- Seek wisdom from others for inspiration, keep learning.
- Who inspires you and what do they do that inspires you?
- Visualisation – see yourself doing it in your mind.
- Finding out your strengths and weaknesses.
- Be prepared to practice, practice and practice some more.
- Be open minded with training methods.
- If something isn’t working, be prepared to try another way.
- There is no failure, only feedback.
Working through this process and regularly going back to re-visit, you can check you are still on the right path. Goals may change, and with the influence of the environment we find ourselves in our emotions may change too.
G.R.I.T. is a good ‘check list’ to discover where improvements can be made – marginal gains.
Change one little thing to make a big difference!
For more information on my coaching programme or advice, please get in touch.😀